Sunday, February 25, 2024
spot_img
HomePoliticsKindiki says criminal activities have reduced by 13.5 per cent in his...

Kindiki says criminal activities have reduced by 13.5 per cent in his first 100 days in office

 

By Atanas Walila, Nairobi

Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki has assured Kenyans of their security amidst rising criminal activities in several parts of the country.

Kindiki who spoke while highlighting the acheivements his ministry has made said that the government was committed at fighting crime in the country to make sure everyone is safe.

The Interior CS said that the government has crafted elaborate plans that will see to it that they find a long-lasting solution to the national security, adding that he has been meeting key stakeholders across the country to give views on how to bring to end the escalating crime rate in the country.

“We have been able to prevent many terror plots that would have caused huge losses to the country. Our Intelligence teams are alert to gather all the information ahead which has helped us to neutralize the enemy in advance,” said Prof Kindiki

Interior CS Kithure Kindiki

He added: “Kenyans in cities and urban centres should continue building the nation. We have been able to decrease crime incidents across the country by 13.5 per cent from 8297 to 7179 cases. Urban crime, especially the Nairobi muggings that had threatened to disrupt life and businesses in our capital city in the September and October season, has now been contained,”

Kindiki further said that the government will employ an additional 6,000 security officers to bolster security in the country.

On the fight against cattle rustling, Kindiki said that they have already recovered at least 60 per cent of livestock that had been stolen during banditry attacks in North Rift region, adding that they will ensure the also get the remaining 40 per cent and bring all the perpetrators to book.

End

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments