One of the critical leadership functions is to contribute towards raising an informed citizenry that enhances the people’s civic competence.
An informed electorate will, among others :
- Make informed decisions that are driven by what is good for themselves , for the community and for the country;
- Hold leaders accountable in the discharge of their functions and duties through a performance management system;
- Take advantage of available opportunities for personal development and service to the community and country;
- Appreciate the place of personal sacrifice and contribution in nation building that is born out of sense of national duty and patriotism; and,
- Contribute to the local and national development agenda that demands and gives a fair share of resources.
Let us work towards building an informed society by being servants of truth no matter how unpleasant it sometimes is.
Eric Simiyu Wafukho